The Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ is the most advanced smart home panel on the market. The security features that come built in to the panel provide an added layer of security.
Each panel comes with an onboard camera that takes photos of anyone disarming your system, and sends a picture to your smartphone.
It also comes with a built in glass-break detector that can detect the sound of a breaking window.
Qolsys also paid close attention to making this panel “future-proof”, using connectivity though multiple channels for multiple functions.
Wifi allows the panel to download complete software updates – no more calling the technician to come out and press a few buttons. Just like your smartphone, click “Software Upgrade”, and the internet does all the work.
Bluetooth connectivity allows your smartphone to sync with the panel, and whenever it’s in range of your panel, you can set it to disarm your system on your arrival.
LTE (Long Term Evolution) is the cellular connection that ensures your system is always connected even after a power outage. LTE will be the platform for future G’s or “generations” or wireless technology. When these newer, faster iterations are developed, the IQ 2+ will be ready for them!
And with all of these amazing features built in to the panel, what is the one feature that most of our customers use every day? It’s actually the “camouflage” feature. What is the camouflage feature you ask?
THE DIGITAL PHOTO-FRAME
When you panel is dormant (which, let’s face it, is most of the time), you can upload your own personal photos to display in a slideshow and “poof” – your panel is gone! Replaced by a digital photo frame that visitors won’t even know you have a security system – even thought they were just looking at your panel for 10 minutes.
SETTING IT UP
If you have a Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ and don’t have this feature setup yet, we wanted to show you just how easy it is to get your pictures on display!
1. Load 800x480 pixel photos on a Micro-SD card then insert into the slot on the right side of the panel
2. Press or swipe down clock display at top for Settings Drop Down then press PHOTO FRAME
3. Press PLAY to view slideshow of all images
4. To delete images press DELETE then select images then press DELETE again
5. To add images press ADD then select images then press ADD NEW PHOTOS or REPLACE ALL PHOTOS
6. Press SETTINGS then select settings to change
7. Press DURATION then select how many minutes before slideshow or clock displays
8. Press EFFECTS to display how images display during slideshow
9. Press SHUFFLE to toggle random pictures ON or OFF
10. Press DISPLAY TYPE to select between Photo Frame or Weather Clock display
11. Press BACK ARROW or HOME to exit